Thursday, January 20, 2011

Teaching vs. Subbing

I stared substituting yesterday since I am not teaching this year.  After moving and planning a wedding, it was just hard to dedicate the time and energy into finding a full time job.  I helped my dad out in the Fall and helped at my grandmother's bakery from Thanksgiving until Christmas.  I had been keeping myself fairly busy until January.  I found out about 2 maternity leaves I could do so I applied for those but was called earlier this week to sub Wednesday-Friday of this week and 3 days next week.  I have a feeling I will be able to sub a good bit for the rest of the school year.  This is so exciting to me because I was really missing being in the classroom.  
Reading aloud to my second graders last year.  Love those kiddos!




'
We had a class store where they could spend "money" they'd earned during the month for doing their jobs.

I wanna go back to my school NOW!


Being in a new school has made me realize what a great school I taught in in Alabama.  It's good to see the differences in schools though, because I had only taught at one school.  It's just so strange how differently things are done!  

I feel like I am not a "true" sub because I am more aware of what should and shouldn't be done so the kids are having a hard time fooling me!  I know the tricks that most subs coming in are not aware of.
This has definitely got the teaching gene in me going stronger and I am so excited to find a new school to call home next year!

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, I love that last picture! It's so adorable! You can just see how much he admires you!!

    You have an adorable blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen for you. I could never teach young children, I would tear out my hair! I am thankful there are good, dedicated and passionate people out there like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have found a way to be in the classroom even if it is just for a little while. I know you will find a great classroom to call your own soon!

    ReplyDelete