Monday, January 17, 2011

To cut or not to cut...

I am 28 and I have the same hair "style" since....well since forever. 

When I was 20 I cut about 12 inches off and donated it to Locks of Love.  It was something that I had wanted to do for a long time and went well over year without a haircut.  I felt great after doing it.  I had to get used to the shorter hair, but honestly it wasn't that short--just a tad above my shoulders.

The other day I got to thinking about my last haircut.  It was in FEBRUARY, y'all!  As in almost a year ago.  I remember it because it was the week before I got engaged.  After starting to think about wedding stuff I decided to let it grow out so I could wear it up and have plenty of volume. 

I look young for my age anyway (people think I am still in college), and I know long hair does nothing to help the matter.  I have enough length to donate again.  Locks of Love requires 10 inches.  Be honest with me....Should I do it??
Sorry my toilet seat is up...Gross...
This is where 10 inches would be...Right at my chin.  Too short??
Can I pull something like this off with my face shape?
I'm nervous!!!  Please give me advice! Should I wait a few more months to donate so it won't be so so short?  Or do I need to just cut it anyway and not worry about the 10 inches?  I hate to be selfish about it bring too short when so many kids are without hair and could benefit from it....

3 comments:

  1. We are the same hair person ha! I chopped my hair off and donated it when I was living in San Fran. I hadn't cut it in over a year. I waited another year before my next hair cut after that. That was my last hair cut and it was in March. I had cut it to a few inches below my chin. I have been growing it out again for my wedding in June. I just get so lazy with getting my hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you would be super cute in the short. I say, DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like it short too. I always loved my long hair, but when I cut it off, I really didn't miss it much. So much easier to fix!!

    ReplyDelete